the filter i see thru

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Self Portrait Tuesday I

Hmmm..... well, I guess this is my first Self Portrait Tuesday. This was not what I uploaded, but it is very interesting...and considering how much time it took me to find my way around Photo Shop I think I'll just leave it as is and call it a day. This is a fairly recent picture of me- a little less than a year ago. The theme for SPT is "personal history". Now that I think of it I can fiddle with it more and have a different version of it for next Tuesday.
I have reddish brownish hair, but as a teen I experimented with hair dye's I found in the Village(NYC) and on south street in Philly. The hair dye was called "manic panic" and came in all kinds of bright primary colors and some were actually neon. So actually the glowing purple does kind of represent the plethora of crazy colors that I put in my hair. Not to mention make up, clothes, and tinted contact lenses. The red color is photo shopped in and is actually right on the money. I wore my hair this bright red color for a couple of my teen angst driven years. What great fun it was! My friend Emily and I would take a bus to south street listening to the Sex Pistols on our boom box. Our hang outs there were the punk stores Skinz and Zipper Head. Zipper Head is still there today...I think. Skinz was my favorite. Emily and I liked the guys that worked there- Danny and Barry. I cannot believe I just remembered that. I liked Danny. He sold me the red "manic panic".
And then of course there is the ice cream. Ice cream and I are close. We spend a lot of time together. We are rarely apart.

No comments: