the filter i see thru

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Yahoo!!! i mean Google...







I can't believe Blogger finally updated their damn selves! Yay!!!! We shall see if it works out with the photo uploading...
This is a collaboration for the Library project with Brian Raszka. Brian and I sent old books that we started to alter leaving the rest for the other person. I sent him "The Wisdom of Confucious". He sent me an old vintage charm on mathematics! My fave subject! not really.
I really was/am not happy with what I did to the back cover here. He started it off with the image of the snake and bird which I altered beyond recognition. really. These are three of the many stages I went thru with the back cover. The present version is the one on the far left. You can see I lost the snakes tail and the clown..oh yeah and a couple small black birds- both not Brians. I love how I painted the "8" which is a cardboard stencil. The purples and deep blues look awesome in person, but over all I'm not thrilled with it. I guess I can't be thrilled with everything I make or I won't learn anything...aarrghh.

I'm still having a blast with "the Library Project" on Flickr. The fun won't last forever, but when I'm done there will be something lined up waiting. With art there is always something next. Cuz creativity never ends. Thank Goodness I have a healthy hobby.

No comments: